is study of evolution , motion, accumulation, and scrutiny of and it also refers to the unique pair of geological disciplines that are carried out to search for hydrocarbons. is primarily involved with the seven elements in sedimentary basins; Supply, reservoir, seal, entice, timing, maturation, migration . These study of migration screen statistics on how hydrocarbon revolve from supply to reservoir and guide for quantify the supply of hydrocarbon in a specific location.
· Seismology and Geophysics
· Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
· Geomechanics and Rock Physics
· Hydrocarbon Recovery Mechanisms
· Structural Development And Basin Evolution